Atlas Van Lines is comprised of a family of companies that deliver transportation and related services globally through a network of quality agents and select service partners. Atlas is distinguished by agent ownership and a shared commitment to help people go new places more easily and more securely. Through a continuing emphasis on service excellence, the company has achieved extraordinary growth.
Every day we help you go new places®, with expertise in moving and logistics, bringing the world within reach.
The Vice President, Operations leads multiple teams providing transportation management and customer service supporting agent network and customers. The role is responsible for internal teams providing household goods transportation and brokerage, move management, and customer service. Vice President Operations is responsible for developing and implementing operational strategy, focused on capacity growth and exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for daily agent network operations and all internal corporate operational functions, including household goods transportation and brokerage, move management, and customer service.
- Leader of all functions critical to care of customers during the relocation process
- Voice of the professional van operator (driver) to assure high quality service of the core service delivery model (pack-load-haul)
- Assist with both short- and long-term forecasting of operational resource requirements for transportation management.
- Enhance and execute operations strategy for van line and household goods brokerage
- Ensure operational policies and procedures for corporate and agent field
- Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operational efficiency through process and technology.
- Strong leadership style which moves people to take action – motivates and inspires excellence
- Driven, passionate leader capable of carrying the company’s vision to a broad range of audiences
- Strong team builder throughout all areas of the organization – decisive and biased toward action
- Focused on continuous improvement
Additional Job-Related Skills:
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills
- Lead and develop a team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures
- Dedicated to process improvement
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Ability to make effective presentations to groups of management and the Board of Directors
- Effective negotiation skills, articulate, strategic thinker, innovative, and open to new ideas
- Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans and successfully implement
- Employee may be required to travel 10% as required throughout U.S. and/or Canada.
Employment Type & Hours:
- This full-time position will consist of 40 hours per week with occasional extra hours.
- Hours may fall between 8:00am and 5:00pm, M-F.
- Medical/vision/dental/life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Free on-campus employee WIFI
- Family-oriented company
- Business casual attire
- Wellness program
- On-site medical clinic
- On-site fitness center
- Training opportunities
Atlas is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.