Atlas Van Lines is comprised of a family of companies that deliver transportation and related services globally through a network of quality agents and select service partners. Atlas is distinguished by agent ownership and a shared commitment to help people go new places more easily and more securely. Through a continuing emphasis on service excellence, the company has achieved extraordinary growth.
Every day we help you go new places®, with expertise in moving and logistics, bringing the world within reach.
The Senior Developer is a senior, professional role that is responsible for participating in the creation of technical requirements, design of deliverables concerning customer requirements, and create programming logic and code based on these requirements. The incumbent must ensure an extremely focused customer service culture throughout their respective team and the entire department. This position works closely with management to oversee the completion of projects/assignments for the overall IT Development area. Other duties assigned:
- Create and maintain complex programming logic and code, documentation, and perform testing on new and updated modules and systems, based on AWG IT standards.
- Work with clients, business analysts, lead developers, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, and procedures, using formal Project Management and Life Cycle Management procedures.
- Take direction from and consult with the lead developer on a regular basis on technical issues.
- Participate in overall System Analysis pertaining to how new and updated modules and system will interact and interface with existing systems.
- Coaches and mentors project team members when appropriate.
- Facilitates business process changes to take advantage of new system capabilities and improve productivity.
- Participate in code reviews of ongoing and existing system modules.
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools and methodologies as indicated.
- When appropriate, develops, with the supervisor or Business Analyst and customer, a Request for Proposal (RFP) to evaluate the purchase of an off the shelf system.
Employment Type & Hours:
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Hours fall between 8:00am and 5:00pm, M-F
- Medical/vision/dental/life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Free on-campus employee WIFI
- Family-oriented company
- Business casual attire
- Wellness program
- On-site medical clinic
- On-site fitness center
- Training opportunities
- Work from home opportunities
Atlas is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.